Cortez Transportation Company - Automotive Detailer
Position Title: Automotive Detailer
Job Classification: Part-time
Work Schedule: Varies, evenings and weekends
Reporting Relationship: Owner/CEO
Pay Range: $10,000-$25,000 annually, as determined by assignments
Location: Topeka, KS
Cortez Transportation Company, Inc. was established in August of 2004. Over the last 18 years, Cortez Transportation Company has built a reputation of providing professional and reliable chauffeured ground transportation services in Northeast Kansas and beyond. Cortez Transportation Company, Inc. provides professional, reliable, and clean chauffeured ground transportation services utilizing sedans, SUVs, executive vans, stretch limousines, limo buses, limo coaches, executive shuttles, and executive coaches.
The Automotive Detailer, at Cortez Transportation Company, will be responsible for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of our fleet of vehicles. Automotive Detailer could operate: power washer, vacuum, shampoo / extractor machine, buffer, floor buffing machine, broom and mops.
- Represents Cortez Transportation Company as an automotive detailer.
- Cleans and refurbishes vehicles, performing any combination of the following duties: Washes vehicle exterior to clean vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surfaces to protect surfaces and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuums or mop interiors of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner or mop.
- Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Applies revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces and treats fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Applies special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer.
- Maintains cleanliness of shop (ex. Taking out trash weekly, load, run & unload dishwasher when needed, wash, dry and fold shop towels when needed, sweep as needed.)
- Identifies and reports vehicles maintenance needs to management.
- Ensures the vehicle remains pristine and in excellent working condition.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance, in both dress and composure.
- Responds to management and chauffeur questions, and concerns.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Over the age of twenty-one (21) for insurance requirements.
- Detailing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to drive various types and sizes of vehicles, required.
- Clean driving record.
- Reliable attendance and transportation, and on-time performance.
- Skilled, safe, defensive driver.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and willingness to go ‘above and beyond’.
- Polished, professional appearance and positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects at once with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Frequently requires standing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling and reaching with hands and arms and regularly requires sitting or climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations.
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in writing, video, or phone conferencing and in-person meetings.
- Ability to lift or have the ability to utilize reasonably available resources to maneuver, up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Regularly required to speak and hear, sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel and walk.
- This position may travel in and around the Shawnee County area (evenings, nights and weekends depending as scheduled).
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors, and a vehicle environment.
- Interaction with staff, clients, and the general public.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!