KexRx Pharmacy & Home Care - Respiratory Therapist
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reports To: DME Manager
The Respiratory Therapist will assess, treat and care for patients with breathing disorders.
- This position is responsible for initiating and conducting therapeutic procedures.
- Create and maintain patient records.
- Be able to select, assemble, check and operate the equipment.
- Read prescriptions, review and input patient information to process orders.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility, deductible and copayments.
- Be the patients advocate, using all possible resources available to assist them in their plan of care. Proactively recommend items needed by the customer to improve satisfaction and transaction profitability.
- Responsible for working with providers, patients and other healthcare providers to provide the most beneficial and cost effective respiratory treatments.
- Ensure proper documentation is in place for billing of respiratory products.
- Accountable for gathering required documentation for audits of respiratory claims.
- Responsible for instructing patients on proper use of respiratory equipment.
- Accountable for the set up and operating of devices such as Nebulizers, Oxygen Concentrators and CPAP and BiPAP machines.
- Responsible for performing follow-up consultations with patients to evaluate effectiveness of treatment.
- Monitor patient’s responses to therapy and consult with provider regarding outcomes.
- Inspect, clean, test, and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to providers’ orders.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
- Take call on a rotational basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Provide emergency care, such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation if needed.
Company Wide Standards:
- Manage your time, effectively and productively, respect the time of others to also fulfill their responsibilities.
- Participate and have 100% attendance to all store meetings.
- Respond to phone calls, text messages and/or emails within 1 hours of receiving.
- Deliver superior Customer Service as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Actively participate and promote company goals and objectives.
- Adhere to company dress code as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Confidentiality of all patient and business information.
- Give your best effort every day to make your pharmacy the best it can be!