Top Five Tips for Celebrating Halloween at Work
Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2019 00:00
Halloween can be an opportunity to create positive employee engagement and morale outside of the normal day-to day operations. If your company allows Halloween costumes at work, follow our “Top Five Tips” to set appropriate guidelines and reduce potential risks:
- Remind employees that costumes must comply with any workplace policies including anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, employee dress code polices, social media policies, and weapons policies.
- Avoid religious or political costumes.
- Consider client impact when determining what types of costumes may be appropriate.
- Consider any safety concerns costumes may present. Costumes with masks, loose fitting material, or with capes may pose additional risks for employees operating machinery.
- Do not require employees to wear costumes. Some employees may have religious objections to Halloween or Halloween costumes.
For more guidance on navigating Halloween in your workplace, please contact HR Partners at 785-233-7860. In addition, we would be pleased to assist you with any other HR matter your business may need guidance with.