CBW Bank - BSA/AML Compliance Investigator
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: BSA Officer
Work Location: Topeka, KS
CBW Bank’s BSA/AML Compliance Compliance Team is responsible for protecting the Bank and its customers from money laundering, fraud, economic sanction evaluations, foreign corruption, and terrorist financing violations. The BSA/AML Compliance Investigator is responsible for conducting case investigations including but not limited to, Grand Jury Subpoenas, 314(a) matches, Law Enforcement Requests, fraud, escalated alerts/referrals, OFAC matches to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of potential money laundering and terrorist financing. The role stays informed of current regulatory or legislative trends and issues as it applies to job responsibilities and applies such knowledge into completing daily and periodic tasks in a timely and accurate manner with minimal supervision. This position will be responsible for fulfilling the Anti-Money-Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act requirements through identification and investigation of suspicious activity. Serves as a subject-matter-expert and assists less experienced team members.
- Review and analyze alerts generated by the Bank's electronic monitoring software to make a determination as to whether activity warrants further review. Review and analyze internal AML reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations regarding the need for further investigation.
- Conduct suspicious activity investigations and determine whether a Suspicious Activity Report is needed. Draft narrative for each case substantiating the decision/recommendation.
- Conduct due diligence reviews on high risk customers through analysis of customer activity compared to KYC documentation and internal/external information sources to determine if further due diligence is needed and/or change in risk disposition is warranted.
- Manage complex cases, reviews involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts and complex ownership structures.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports with FinCEN.
- Identify and analyze records of outside agencies to facilitate investigations including credit bureau records, police and court records.
- Prepares and submits Requests for Information (RFIs) as needed for customers, activity, accounts requiring enhanced due diligence.
- Make recommendations for offboarding customer accounts/relationships based on investigation or CDD/EDD.
- Work with the BSA/AML management team to ensure the monitoring platform consistently addresses prevailing risk.
- Support management in the day-to-day compliance efforts with AML/KYC requirements.
- Provides analytic support for the business activities of CBW Bank by analyzing business, compliance and financial information on companies and individuals.
- Ensures overall bank documentation and file administration is complete and consistent with the bank’s policy and procedures.
- Monitors transactions to ensure proper documentation and compliance with respect to BSA, AML and OFAC policies and procedures.
- Conducts business and financial analyses to support policy guidelines or other analytical projects as assigned by the BSA/AML management team.
- Responsible for Bank’s compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, and counter-terrorist financing obligations as assigned.
- Analyze, plan and complete special projects assigned by the AML management.
- Assists with scheduling conference calls and other meetings, as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements and expectations for identifying unusual or suspicious activity in connection with financial transactions, related to economic sanctions (e.g., OFAC), and the requirements to file suspicious activity reports.
- Five (5) years of experience conducting AML/BSA and/or Economic Sanctions/OFAC investigations at financial institutions.
- Strong analytical skills derived from previous experience in a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) or similar investigative setting.
- Experience writing SAR and alert/case narratives summarizing the results of investigations and selecting requisite supporting documentation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office and G-Suite products.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers as well as independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Experience with the financial technology (“FinTech”) industry
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply click here!