Community Care Network - Associate Accountant
Company: Community Care Network of Kansas
Job Title: Associate Accountant
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Finance and Grants Manager
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm (or similar schedule)
Location: Topeka, KS
Who We Are: Community Care Network of Kansas (Community Care) strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high‐quality, community‐based, whole‐person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state and federal levels. We partner with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who have collaborated together to educate and advocate for equitable access to high‐quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Primary Accountabilities: Reporting directly to the Finance and Grants Manager, the Associate Accountant is responsible for recording and maintaining daily financial transactions. The Associate Accountant will work closely with the Operations and Finance team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices.
- Records day to day financial transactions and completes the posting process.
- Performs partial checks of the posting process.
- Enters data, maintains records and financial statements.
- Processes accounts receivable/payable.
- Processes payroll in a timely manner.
- Assists the finance staff with monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Enters information from vendor bills received for payment.
- Updates spreadsheet monthly with info from health insurance and/or life insurance carriers.
- Chooses checks to print and has printed checks signed by two authorized signers.
- Assists with records retention for finance team, including but not limited to files paid invoices, electronic document management, workflow utilizing approved software, and other filing systems.
- Prepares spreadsheet using bi‐weekly payroll information. Makes entries to update general ledger.
- Prepares spreadsheet with bi‐weekly retirement contribution information. Makes entries to update general ledger.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for management review.
- Works with external audit staff in their completion of year‐end financial audit and internal finance staff in preparation of audit materials and documentation.
- Completes year‐end reports for the third‐party administrators, as requested.
- Processes yearly 1099’s for distribution.
- Performs administrative tasks as requested.
- Assists with the monitoring compliance with internal policies and procedures related to cash disbursement as well as external rules, regulations and laws with which Community Care must comply.
- Documents all procedures and financial notes in OneNote and other appropriate locations.
- Provides backup support with the oversight of company credit cards, including weekly reconciliation and staff follow‐ups.
- Serves as a backup for additional financial responsibilities, including but not limited to daily bank deposits, shared email inboxes including Accounting and Finance, travel requests and purchase request and payment request staff assistance.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Community Care.
- Participates in special events.
- Provides exceptional customer service to vendors, customers and members.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline preferred.
- Proficient in Quickbooks.
- At least five (5) years bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, electronic marketing platform, webinar and meeting hosting platform, and project management software.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, legislators and state officials, and funders.
- Highly resourceful team‐player and able to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally.
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations.
- Regularly communicate with staff, members, and stakeholders in verbally and in writing through in‐person, virtual, or other communication vehicles.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities are requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!