StepStone/Dear Neighbor Ministries - Director of Development
Company: StepStone/Dear Neighbor Ministries (“DNM”)
Job Title: Director of Development
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director of StepStone and DNM
The Director of Development is an integral member of the Leadership team and is responsible for providing overall leadership in fundraising, communications, and volunteer recruitment for the programs and services of Dear Neighbor Ministries and StepStone. This position also provides supervision for the Development team members consistent with the Gospel Values and the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph. StepStone and DNM are non-profits that operate under Hilltop Aspires, Inc.
- Leads the staff and Development Board Committee in strategic planning for all fundraising events.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for all fundraising activities.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to set and achieve annual fundraising and activity goals.
- Creates and manages a comprehensive fund development plan that conforms to the mission and ministry of the Sisters, regulatory agencies, and the tenets of good stewardship.
- Identifies and cultivates current and prospective donor relationships.
- Develops a portfolio of active major gifts prospects and maintains a donor database/system for effective management of gift, gifts acknowledgement, and solicitations.
- Provides regular progress reports to the Executive Director, Leadership team and Board Development Committee.
- Participates in all aspects of the gift cycle, including initiating contact with potential donors, developing appropriate engagement and cultivation strategies, moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure, making solicitations when appropriate, and maintaining stewardship contacts with donors.
- Determines and recommends who needs to be involved in the relationship with the prospective donor.
- Determines and recommends the most effective and productive use of time and resources.
- Supervises the Development team.
- Projects a professional image toward the Sisters, clients, and donors.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior towards staff, vendors, visitors, etc.
- Attends assigned and/or required in-services and staff meetings.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in development and fundraising.
- Class C Driver’s License required.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and a history of service with non-profit organizations.
- Experience in database oversight, MS Office applications, Excel, Publisher, email, and website research preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation amongst team members.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the company.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, lift, carry, push, pull, balance, stoop, reach, handle, talk, hear, see, grasp, move head and neck and movement across mid-line.
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds occasionally and up to ten (10) pounds of force frequently.
- Finger dexterity, manual dexterity, alertness, precision, motor coordination, auditory discrimination and tactile discrimination.
- Ability to climb multiple levels of stairs.
- Inside/indoor office environment which provides protection from weather condition, but not necessarily temperature changes.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, click here!