Community Care Network - Director of Operations
Company: Community Care Network of Kansas
Job Title: Director of Operations
Job Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm (or similar schedule)
Location: Topeka, KS
Who We Are:
Community Care Network of Kansas (Community Care) strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state and federal levels. We partner with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who have collaborated together to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Primary Accountabilities: Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (COO/CFO), the Director of Operations is responsible for Human Resources, contracting, operations, information technology, and compliance. This position works directly with the COO/CFO. This individual will serve as the Human Resources Manager and help with various finance activities. Working directly with HR, Grant and Contracts, this individual should have a legal education or direct experience in employment law and contracts. The Director of Operations is responsible for building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment. This position serves as a backup for the COO/CFO and is a member of the leadership team.
- Participates as an active member of the HIPAA Compliance Team and provides compliance to the Data Integrity Specialist.
- Reviews contracts and recommends revisions when needed.
- Provides direct support to the Grant Financial Specialist to ensure grant compliance, when needed.
- Provides direct oversight of Human Resources compliance.
- Drafts and reviews all employment contracts.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on rules and regulations of any lease agreement to ensure compliance.
- Assures Community Care’s compliance with federal, state, and other grant requirements.
- Serves as Community Care’s Compliance Officer and HIPAA Compliance and Security Officer.
- Works with COO/CFO on legal aspects to create and sustain existing and future subsidiaries.
- Provides guidance on legal activities related to Value Based Care and Clinically Integrated Network.
- Provides Community Care and grantees with legal interpretation of state and federal statues and programmatic policies.
- Provides legal counsel to Community Care and its Board of Directors.
- Manages HR activities and assists in recruiting duties, including advertising, interviewing, employment verification, skill base testing of candidates, and facilitating the new employee onboarding process.
- Responds to and conducts all employee investigations, grievances and claims.
- Reviews and ensures Community Care’s compliance with all governmental, labor, and funder laws and regulations related to labor/employee requirements including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, and worker compensation.
- Maintains up to date State and Federal employee requirements and guidelines related to hiring, leave, employee classifications, workmen’s compensations issues, unemployment insurance, employee benefits, and all other issue regarding employees.
- Works with COO/CFO on employee benefits administration.
- Maintains an organizational structure, operating practices, policies, and procedures that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Maintains and updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports Community Care’s performance improvement process that measures and evaluates progress against strategic goals and performance measures for the organization.
- Implements Human Resource functions to maximize employee strength and diversity through implementation of a comprehensive recruitment, hiring, and retention plan with long-term goals, strategies, performance benchmarks, and dashboards.
- Establishes strategies to ensure the organization uses a supportive, collaborative, coaching approach to staff development, with timely and appropriate training and professional development.
- Supervises two staff, directly.
- Assists the COO/CFO in direct oversight of all Business and Finance staff.
- Analyzes current technology infrastructure and explores expanded or new technology and systems that support Community Care’s growth, efficiency, and training and technical assistance.
- Participates in grant applications process as required, completes program/fiscal reports to funding sources, and prepares other reports as needed.
- Provides oversight for operational vendor contracts, including but not limited to IT vendors, office contracts; copiers, printers, computers, fax machine, postage, landlord, telephones, and maintenance.
- Develops and grows Group Purchasing Program for membership.
- Provides assistance to Community Care staff in the oversight of Group Purchasing Program.
- Provides technical assistance to members related to operational excellence, as requested.
Finance & Accounting
- Maintains a complete understanding of all contracts and ensure compliance with terms.
- Oversees annual business insurance renewal.
- Assists the COO/CFO with project specific tasks as they arise.
- Assists with preparation for annual external audit.
- Supports the annual operating budgeting process.
- Utilizes company technology and participates in weekly collaborative communication.
- Serves as backup for Business and Finance staff, as needed.
- Participates in special events.
- Assists in review and recommend revisions of Community Care policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Community Care.
- Participates as an active member of the Community Care team by developing an overall breadth of knowledge involving all of the Community Care activities and by working together to develop cooperative programs when possible.
- Stays current with weekly Community Care news.
- Utilizes current and new technology required to complete the tasks of the position.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, minimum.
- Juris Doctorate Degree preferred, but not required.
- Three to five (3-5) years of work-related experience is preferred, with at least one (1) year at a supervisory or manager level.
- Unrestricted Driver’s license required.
- SHRM or PHR certification preferred.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical leader, as well as strategic thinker.
- Proven record of accomplishment facilitating progressive organizational change and development.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively affect both strategic and tactical operational and administration initiatives.
- Ability to complete and lead focused, detailed work, assuring completeness and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed within the state and nationally.
- Leadership skills, understanding of cultural influences on health status and underserved populations and a willingness to assist health professionals in improving quality care.
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and other Microsoft Suite programs.
- Ability to learn Smartsheet, Tsheets, Slack and other software.
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally.
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations.
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in writing, video conferencing and in-person meetings.
- Ability to lift or have the ability to utilize reasonably available resources to maneuver, up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Regularly required to speak and hear, sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel and walk.
- Ability to travel as needed within the State of Kansas and nationally.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities are requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!