Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation - Assistant Director of Prospect Development & Strategy
Job Title: Assistant Director of Prospect Development & Strategy
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director of Development
Work Location: Onsite, Alumni Association
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and three personal references.
The Assistant Director of Prospect Development & Strategy is responsible for a comprehensive, strategic and customer-service oriented program of prospect development services to support the Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation’s (WUAAF’s) overall fundraising efforts. The Assistant Director works to develop strategies and programs that support and promote the prospect management, analytics and prospect identification initiatives of WUAAF. This position will be responsible for aiding in efforts to develop, execute, and maintain an effective pipeline of benefactors to WUAAF and Washburn University. This role works closely with front line fundraisers, WUAAF Development Team and management as a partner in achieving WUAAF’s fundraising goals. The Assistant Director of Prospect Development will establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with co-workers and university partners representing WUAAF in a positive and professional manner.
Major Duties Include:
- Provide ongoing analysis of portfolios, to maintain optimal performance through giving continuum for front line gift work.
- Collaborate with fundraisers, development staff and senior management to develop and refine performance metrics.
- Proactively analyze data from multiple systems to identify individuals with significant capacity and inclination to give to Washburn University.
- Provide research and nuanced analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional, and financial information of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Perform reporting and analytics for projects as needed including foundation priorities and events.
- Work with all research, modeling, and wealth screening resources to oversee the return of screening data and to effectively code and record this information using appropriate CRM (Raiser’s Edge)
- In times of campaign, work with senior leadership, campaign staff, and fundraisers to develop gift pyramids and reporting tools that align prospect research and management with campaign priorities.
- Meet and maintain the standards set forth by Apra International.
- Perform responsibilities in alignment with Donor Bill of Rights and WUAAF’s Core Values and Mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3 years prospect management and research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated research, data analysis, and reporting skills required.
- Intermediate computer skills covering a wide variety of software including Microsoft products required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to gather diverse data from multiple sources, analyze, evaluate, and disseminate in a succinct and effective manner.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Strong communication skills, including strategic information sharing.
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with colleagues and staff.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and campus partners.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation is committed to building a community of support to continuously strengthen Washburn University and enhance the educational opportunities and experiences of our students. We build life-long partnerships with alumni and friends, and secure, invest, and steward private financial support.
To apply, CLICK HERE!