Douglas County Visiting Nurses: Hospice Team Manager
Company: Douglas County Visiting Nurses
Job Title: Hospice Team Manager
Location: Lawrence, KS
HOSPICE TEAM MANAGER needed for busy Home Health Agency. The Hospice Manager is a member of the Interdisciplinary Group and provides clinical coordination and supervision of staff to ensure appropriate care and quality of service for the Hospice program in a fiscally responsible manner. The Hospice Manager represents the Hospice program on the Management Team and contributes to the agency through committee participation and community outreach.
- Advanced degree in Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree with suitable operational experience
- In good standing and able to meet all federal and state licensure requirements
- Five years’ clinical experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in a management or lead clinical role
- Hospice experience preferred
- Ensure assessments for referrals and visits for patients are scheduled.
- Coordinate communication with staff, patient/clients, families and physicians to ensure appropriate care and outcomes are reached.
- Review and mentor field staff with assessments and documentation.
- Ensure service quality.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct staff and Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) meetings.
- Coordinate case communication.
- Interpret company policy/procedures.
- Audit clinical records for compliance.
- Monitor scheduling; assure caregiver qualifications are matched to patient needs.
- Assist in orientation of new employees.
- Assist in developing and facilitating in-service education.
- Recruit, interview, hire, orient and supervise staff for the Hospice team.
- Assist with revisions and updates to Hospice staff job descriptions and performance standards.
- Assist Marketing and Business Development Managers with public awareness activities.
- Coordinate staff training and participate in computer training.
- Review statistical data and productivity reports with Chief Financial Officer.
- Complete admission process for Hospice patients as needed.
- Coordinate with Quality/Compliance Manager to assure Hospice certification status.
- Negotiate contracts in coordination with Chief Financial Officer.
- Participate in clinical supervisor call rotation.
- Review and mentor “bridge” nursing staff with OASIS assessments and documentation, as well as Hospice nursing staff who take call.
- Keep current with new information on Hospice issues.
- Provide back-up for Team Managers as indicated.
- Develop and maintain contact with health care professionals.
- Ensure regulatory and clinical practice standards are followed.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and teamwork within departments, as well as with other agencies.
- Assure agency programs and services adhere to mission, vision and values of VNA.
- Share responsibility with creation and achievement of agency goals.
- Maintain knowledge and increase skills in information systems and assist with integration of clinical operations applications.
- Participate in quality improvement (QI) activities.
Additional information that applies to all positions:
Douglas County Visiting Nurses Association, Inc complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination. The VNA is an equal employment opportunity employer and equal employment opportunity is provided to all people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
PPE equipment is provided to employees as required for the position per CDC & OSHA guidelines. All staff are required to wear masks in the office except when in their office/work station. VNA is subject to the CMS vaccination mandate.
To apply, CLICK HERE!