Capper Foundation - Grant Specialist
Job Title: Grant Specialist
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Work Schedule: As negotiated
Reporting Relationship: Vice President Development & Marketing (VPDM)
Primary Accountabilities: The Capper Foundation Grant Specialist is responsible for working with the Senior Management Team (SMT), supporting the growth of the organization by identifying and securing funding through grants. Duties listed below comprise the responsibilities of the Grant Specialist.
- Identify potential grants aligned with Capper Foundation’s mission of supporting people of all ages living with disabilities.
- Monitor funding opportunities and trends in grant funding.
- Meet regularly with the SMT and Grant Committee to identify the needs of Capper for sourcing grant opportunities. Assist with documenting and maintaining Grant Committee meeting minutes. Assist with meeting reminders to committee members.
- Coordinate the development, writing, research, submission, tracking and reporting of each grant project’s progress.
- Provide follow-up reporting to grantors as requested, according to requested timelines.
- Maintain records of grants requested and received in designated files and system database.
- Foster and build relationships with funding sources (grantors).
- Actively serves as a member of Kansas Professional Grantwriters Association.
- Researches and stays current, with the assistance of other staff, on healthcare topics relative to disability.
- Obtain funding through grant resources that is greater than or equal to current salary plus 120%.
- Produce weekly status report and submit to VP Development & Marketing.
- Position is monitored and evaluated upon the number of grants submitted annually, the percentage and amount of funds received.
- Assist with content writing for other projects, i.e., newsletters, as instructed.
- Represent Capper Foundation in a professional manner. Demonstrate confidentiality of clients in service with the public, unless instructed and/or has permission to share information.
- Understands and demonstrates compliance with Capper Foundation policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by VP Development & Marketing.
- Bachelor Degree and/or work in related discipline with a minimum of three years of related experience and proven track record in grant writing, research and record keeping.
- Certificates from American Grant Writers Association and/or Grant Professionals Association desired, but not required.
- Comprehensive personal computing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficient skills in research, interpreting and analyzing data, working collaboratively with other staff and grantors, strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate and interact with internal staff and external contacts. Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines handling several assignments simultaneously.
- Take instruction and offer feedback.
- Availability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Pass background checks and drug test per Capper Foundation procedures.
- Regularly required to speak and hear.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period of time and comfortable doing so.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!