Kansas Livestock Association - Administrative Director
Job Title: Administrative Director
Job Classification: Full Time
Location: Topeka, KS
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Director serves as the primary meeting and event planner for KLA. The Administrative Director also serves as the office manager for the KLA office in Topeka.
- Demonstrated success in event planning.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Experience in building and maintaining enriching business relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – preferred.
- Plan and execute meetings and events hosted by KLA and its affiliates. This includes the Annual KLA Convention, Legislative Meeting, Ranch Field Days, and other events.
- Develop budgets, negotiate contracts, and secure sponsors for all meetings and events.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, catering, entertainment, transportation, decor, and marketing.
- Coordinate with KLA staff on event and meeting programs that provide value to KLA members.
- Book travel for staff and volunteer leaders.
- Manage the KLA office including maintenance and repair needs, secure the necessary service providers, and purchase office supplies.
- Manage administrative support staff.
- Assist in answering phone calls and coordinate staff schedules to ensure calls are answered.
- Serve as executive assistant to the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
The Kansas Livestock Association provides a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401K and Profit Sharing programs.
The position is full-time, requires working from the KLA office, and requires occasional travel.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
To apply, CLICK HERE!