Community Care Network - Grant Financial Specialist
Job Title: Grant Financial Specialist
Job Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm (or similar schedule)
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
Who We Are
Community Care Network of Kansas strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental, and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state, and federal levels. We collaborate with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who have partnered together to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (COO/CFO), the Grant Financial Specialist will work with the COO/CFO on preparing, monitoring, and revising company and grant budgets and well as preparing grant financial reports. This position will assist program staff with grant management duties and will be responsible for financial, accounting, and grant support services to ensure accurate and reliable data is available. This position will also be responsible for grant and contract compliance and work with Community Care staff to ensure tasks are completed in accordance with the project and/or program schedules. The Grant Financial Specialist produce consistent, accurate, high quality, detailed work.
- Reviews financial and other system inputs relating to grant-related activity for appropriateness and compliance, understand and satisfy specific grant requirements including match and sub-recipient monitoring as required.
- Prepares monthly grant budget monitoring procedures and internal grant compliance reviews.
- Performs pre-grant and post-grant functions.
- Reviews all Request for Proposals (RFP) and awards to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations for each grant or contract.
- Regularly review and maintain expertise with the OMB Uniform Guidance and other regulatory publications.
Grant Budgeting and Reporting
- Coordinates grant audit process.
- Prepares Schedule of Federal Expenditures (SEFA).
- Maintain and provide appropriate documentation for the various federal awards.
- Maintains master listings of grant awards, CFDA numbers, periods of performance, and amounts of revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares, obtains, organizes, reviews, and distributes budget related reports for agency grants for pre award or budget revisions.
- Provide six-month grant projections, compares actual costs to budget and analyzes variances and develops budget analysis reports and provides recommendations to COO/CFO.
- Assists accounting team with annual audit.
- Completes all required reporting in a timely manner.
Organizational Compliance and Budgeting
- Ensures compliance of all organizational activities.
- Assists with allocations and indirect costs.
- Compares all grant and organization expenditures with budgets.
- Assists COO/CFO with 2-year budget projections including monthly updates to budget.
Contracts and Documentation
- Monitors and tracks vendor contracts and assists in development of internal contacts.
- Supports the administrative tasks associated with successful project implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Responsible for electronic filing systems for all contract, grants, and projects.
- Coordinates project kick-off meetings.
- Utilizes company technology and participates in weekly collaborative communication.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Community Care.
- Participates in special events.
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned .
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Grant Management or similar field of study is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar role handling executive administrative tasks is required, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Passion and commitment to improving health and social justice; experience working in/with a community health center or other non-profit clinic environment preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, electronic marketing platform, webinar and meeting hosting platform, and project management software.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, legislators and state officials, and funders.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player and able to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Innovator, who actively seeks opportunities, proposes solutions, and seeks to continually improve processes.
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in verbally and in writing through in-person, virtual, or other communication vehicles
- Professional, face-paced and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level
Additional Duties: Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this position description at any time. The position description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow Community Care policies and procedures and maintain a professional personal appearance and workspace. Employees are required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the employee’s supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!