Heartland REC - Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: Girard, KS
Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Heartland), headquartered in Girard, KS, is seeking qualified candidates for the Executive Administrative Assistant position.
Heartland is not your typical electric cooperative. As the needs of our consumer-members change, we are changing the way we do business to ensure we continue to power rural lifestyles for many decades to come. The executive administrative assistant will support Heartland’s senior leadership team and the board of directors in a variety of ways as they lead the cooperative into the future.
Being a mid-sized electric cooperative, Heartland asks its executive administrative assistant to do a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate shall be self-driven, highly motivated, curious, and always striving for ways to add value to the cooperative and its members.
Some of the responsibilities you will have at the cooperative are:
- Performs confidential and other specialized administrative functions for the Board of Directors, CEO and attorney. Requires special knowledge of CEO’s views.
- Coordinates with senior leadership team and CEO a variety of administrative activities including the preparation of correspondence, reports and presentations, maintenance of files, proofreading, and receptionist duties and related activities.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support services for the President and other board members.
- Maintains all legal files and follow-up on pending issues as required/requested by the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Advises CEO and senior leadership team of timelines and deadlines of projects whenever possible.
- Directs preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions; sets up meeting room and arranges for catering for board and all corporate meetings.
- Coordinates and uploads monthly board reports to BoardPaq. Required to attend all board meetings and act as the recording secretary.
- Acts as custodian of corporate documents, maintains cooperative records, policies, and procedure manuals, and acts as a notary for cooperative business.
- Assists and coordinates preparation and activities for annual meeting. Prepares pertinent director election activities and Articles of Incorporation or Bylaw change needs.
- Provides support for annual meeting including receiving petitions, facilitating counting of ballots, and support candidates, such as scheduling of pictures, biography, and other materials with the communications department. Required to attend the annual meeting and act as the recording secretary.
- Acts as main point of contact for employee benefits, processes requested changes, processes, verifies, and makes payments to respective companies, and provides employees with required notices pertaining to benefits.
- Education: College degree and/or at least four years of related work experience reporting to senior executive level management with proficiency in computers and various office technology.
- Able to work efficiently, in an organized manner, with little or no supervision in an extremely fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Professional demeanor and appearance with use of good judgment and ability to work with senior managers and the board.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Discreet and able to handle highly confidential information.
- Objective and open to the viewpoint of others; able to offer suggestions when appropriate and welcome feedback; able to contribute to building a positive team and support team efforts to succeed.
- Language Skills: Able to read, analyze and interpret documents. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and co-workers.
- Physical Requirements: Able to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands, arms and talk and hear. Lift up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Heartland is a financially sound, member-owned, electric distribution cooperative providing service with 11,300 meters on over 3,800 miles of line. Heartland provides electric service to its consumer-members, which are located in parts of 12 different counties in Southeast Kansas. Heartland’s headquarters is located in Girard, Kansas, the county seat of Crawford County, 120 miles south of Kansas City and 45 miles northwest of Joplin, Missouri. The area offers all the advantages of small communities, low cost of living and an abundance of outdoor activities.
Heartland offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, excellent retirement plan, employee benefit programs, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties are to direct inquires to Human Resources and submit the following: (1) cover letter; (2) resume; (3) three professional references.
All applications must be received by September 22, 2021, and sent to:
Heartland Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
c/o Faith Warden
PO Box 40
Girard, KS 66743
All Replies Are Confidential.