TMTA - Safety & Training Supervisor
Job Title: Safety & Training Supervisor
This position is responsible for (1) training and retraining personnel and the public, (2) composing, disseminating, and providing oversight of agency safety and security policies, and (3) providing support to the Operations Supervisors and the Chief Operations Officer in the delivery of safe, courteous, and quality transportation services to the public.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess strong analytical and decision-making skills, particularly in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with an emphasis on providing safety and motivational training to various size groups of employees and passengers.
- Demonstrate strong multi-tasking skills and be proactive.
- Proven knowledge of safety training practices, federal, state, and local regulations applicable to transit operations.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of company polices, procedures, and union contract provisions.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of routes, bus stops, timetables, and operator assignments.
- Excellent technical and business writing skills.
- Possess skills in accident and incident investigation procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other transit technology.
- Possess a general understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines.
- Knowledge of the operation of all safety and communication equipment.
- Knowledge and skill level to drive a wide array of buses, trucks, and sedans.
- Must have and maintain a valid KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements or must be able to obtain and maintain one upon offer of job.
- College Degree or five (5) years of safety, training, or supervisory experience or some combination of coursework and experience.
- Certified Director of Safety and/or Certified Safety Professional designation or equivalent experience as well as previous transit safety experience preferred.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam. Topeka Metro offers an excellent benefit package and is a KPERS employer.
Submit cover letter, resume, three (3) references, and an applicant characteristic survey to:
201 N. Kansas Ave. Topeka, KS 66603
Website for survey: www.topekametro.org
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.