KDA - Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Part-Time [28-30 hours per week]
Work Schedule: Regular business hours and as needed
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
Pay Range: $14-$16 per hour
Location: Topeka, KS
Statewide professional association located in Topeka, Kansas seeks a part time (28-30 hours/week) Administrative Assistant. Varied clerical and administrative duties, including: front office reception, secretarial support, maintaining office supplies, database management, etc.
- Serves as the entry contact for the Kansas Dental Association [“KDA”], including phone and walk-in traffic.
- Assists with member communications, including print and electronic communications.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Plans and schedules meetings, presentations, other office-related events and sends reminders of upcoming appointments.
- Assists on direct mail and marketing mail projects as needed.
- Maintains databases and updates contacts as needed.
- Assists with the preparations, staffing and coordination of events.
- Performs general office duties including: Filing, assisting with mailing, and answering the telephone.
- Monitors and maintains office equipment, supplies, and requests repair or restocking when necessary.
- Ensures office is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Always represents KDA professionally and positively.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- At least one (1) year of full-time administrative experience is preferred.
- Experience and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software and basic bookkeeping principles.
- Proficient in mail merging from Access and Excel.
- Have a general knowledge of database management and information systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Personable and pleasant with colleagues, members, and industry partners.
- Have integrity, professional discretion, and ability to handle confidential matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply, CLICK HERE!