MPCA - Healthcare Data Analyst
Job Title: Healthcare Data Analyst
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Jefferson City, MO (will need to be in the Central MO area)
Organization: The Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA) is a non-profit organization, which explores and implements activities aimed at providing and promoting high quality, accessible health care services to underserved urban and rural populations in Missouri.
Healthcare Data Analyst:
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys extracting, analyzing, validating, and interpreting data. In addition to using MS Excel and data visualization software extensively to report on healthcare data in an accurate and professional format, the Healthcare Data Analyst will seek to understand ongoing healthcare programs and initiatives, as well as anticipate, prepare, and adapt to a dynamic healthcare landscape. The Healthcare Data Analyst will use quantitative and analytical methods to evaluate performance and inform recommendations for improvements. The Healthcare Data Analyst will be proficient in application for MPCA’s data warehouse and population health applications, including knowledge of mapping from member electronic health record and practice management systems to data warehouse; reporting measures, logic, and algorithms, and may occasionally serve as on-site trainer for participating organizations
- Analyzes and interprets data; ensures data validity; performs calculations, prepares and updates tables, charts, graphs and technical summaries in an accurate and professional format for presentation according to Missouri Primary Care Association (MPCA), member and client requirements.
- Functions as in-house expert for MPCA’s data warehouse and population health applications, including knowledge of mapping from member electronic health record and practice management systems and understanding of measures and reporting logic and algorithms.
- Utilizes other data sources and products to generate information and reports to support MPCA staff, members, and clients.
- Designs, develops, and documents basic data entry and tracking tools in support of customer needs.
- Program and execute data visualization software to analyze/segregate data.
- Participates in evaluating and selecting new data-related products and systems and enhancements.
- Assists members and clients with data-related workflow to assure data validity and integrity.
- Contributes to the achievement of MPCA’s organizational goals.
- Works closely with the MPCA team on successful delivery of timely deliverables to teams, projects or themes assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, public health, or information technology or IT certification; Significant experience may be substituted for some portion of the educational requirements.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills.
- Experience with the SQL query language and standards; ability to develop scripts, write and deploy SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to handle extract, transformation and load operations.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and make recommendations.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience and/or exposure to a robust healthcare data environment
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization software desirable
- Proficiency with SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with statistical analysis/models
- Healthcare Experience
- Experience and/or exposure to population health and healthcare business intelligence
- Experience with electronic health records (EHR)
- Experience or exposure to Federally Qualified Health Centers or other similar healthcare delivery system.
To apply, CLICK HERE!