Community Care Ministry - Executive Director
Company: Community Care Ministry
Position: Executive Director
Location: Wamego, KS
This position will remain open until: November 1, 2020
Position Summary: The Executive Director serves as the primary administrator, key visionary, leader, and spokesperson of Community Care Ministry (CCM). They work closely with the Board of Directors to lead the ministry in achievement of its mission. This position is accountable to the Board for matters of all fundraising, financial management, policy development, program administration, operations, community outreach, marketing and public relations. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plans of CCM. The Executive Director is the supervisor of all contracted labor. The Executive Director will work with the Board to develop, extend, and implement programs, establish policies, and provide leadership and support for staff and volunteers. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Works with CCM Board of Directors to fulfill the organization mission, create and implement a strategic vison, attend board meetings, and perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for financial performance and viability. Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for creation and adherence of annual budget, fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support CCM.
- Oversee applications to secure grants and other funding sources. Maintain and assure adherence to grant writing and reporting calendar.
- Responsible for working with department leadership for implementation of the CCM programs that carry out the organization’s mission
- Accountable for the enhancement of the CCM image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Responsible for operation’s hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff in compliance with Board of Directors directives as well as applicable state and federal laws. Participate in recruitment and interviewing of directly supervised staff. Conducts annual performance evaluations and annual pay reviews of staff in partnership with HR Partners.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of CCM. Carryout plans and policies authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Provides supervision and leadership of staff, contracted labor, and volunteers.
- Oversees marketing of programs, special events and fundraising activities as well as internal communications.
- Develops and oversees fundraising strategy. Works closely with staff and Board to implement various fundraising and special events and donor management.
- Works with departments to assure required training and safety procedures are in place and being followed. Encourage staff development and education. Maintain safe, professional, and clean facilities.
- Ensures all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications always represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
- Upholds and ensures compliance with all organization policies and procedures as well as the overall mission and values of the organization
- Responsible for assuring contracts and licenses are effectively tracked and current.
- Provides monthly reports to the Board of Directors. Maintains a positive, professional, and communicative relationship with the Board.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services or related field – Advanced Degree Preferred
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to represent an organization and its programming
- Demonstrated management experience, including staff development and management of non-profits.
- 5+ years of professional experience in non-profit, medical, dental or social field preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in all community health center environments
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages and office machines.
- Ability to lead with high integrity and transparency.
- Proven budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey and communicate a vision to staff, board members, volunteers, donors and community.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Experience in fundraising and operations management.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate with and motivate staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of target audiences. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients and the community.
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Empathy compassion and desire to help your fellow human beings.
- Occasional lifting of 40-50 lbs. and pushing of 5-20 lbs.
- Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time
- A medium to high level of manual dexterity required
- Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time
- Requires use of personal vehicle throughout the region
- Normal overtime/extended work hours
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the Board of Directors.
To apply, CLICK HERE!