Kaw Valley Bank - Internal Auditor
Company: Kaw Valley Bank
Position: Internal Auditor
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Chair of Audit Committee
Oversees adherence of Bank’s policies and procedures to federal and state laws and regulations and directs and coordinates regulatory compliance for the bank by performing the following duties personally or through tasks delegated to employees. Works under daily minimal supervision of the President.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Acts as the banks’ liaison for regulators, accountants, and other outside vendors
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or finance; and at least 10 years lending and management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of lending practices and financial terminology and transactions; in-depth knowledge of bank regulations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one and group situations with management, co-workers, employees, customers, and vendors, including the ability to give instructions; the ability to speak clearly, effectively, and professionally in positive or negative situations; listens to others without interrupting and gets clarification; and responds well to questions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to compose and edit business correspondence and procedures. Writes clearly and informatively
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to reason complex transactions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Windows based software, bank application software program
- Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner and to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, co-workers, employees and management; the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance; and ability to meet commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of customer and employee information.
- Ability to make good decisions, including exhibiting sound and accurate judgment; supporting and explaining reasoning for decisions; including the appropriate people in decision-making process; making timely decisions; and identifying when issues should be referred to senior management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
To appy, CLICK HERE!