Manhattan Area Technical College - Financial Operations Specialist
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Compensation: Pay Grade 5 ($9.88 - $14.82)
Reporting Relationship: Vice President of Operations through the Assistant Director of Financial Operations
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Financial Operations Specialist’s role is a member of the College’s financial operations department, responsible for assisting with both clerical and administrative tasks. In general, the financial operations specialist takes care of basic office tasks that involve data entry, answering phone calls, reporting, bookkeeping, research, as well as the resolution of discrepancies with vendors and students.
- Collects and sorts incoming mail
- Collect and sort invoices and checks
- Develops and maintains accounting files
- Enters invoices in accounting system for payment.
- Reconciles receipt of items by comparing orders to invoices.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Generates Purchase Orders.
- Track expenditures on Purchase Orders.
- Aides departments with submission of requisitions.
- Requests encumbrance of funds by generating requisitions for the Business Office.
- Assist senior accounting personnel with any tasks conducted within the accounting department, or any tasks that require accounting personnel to take part
- Assist with inventory management.
- Assist with placing orders with vendors, including recurring orders as required.
- Act as a back-up to the Student Accounts Specialist with processing student payments and student inquiries.
- Assist the Financial Aid Department with logging third-party payments (i.e. VA).
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting or related field and a minimum of 1-year experience in an accounting office setting OR High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Highly organized and accurate with great attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Physical and emotional requirements—The incumbent may be expected to perform/demonstrate the following during any part of the working day: speaking, observing, hearing, hand/eye coordination, lifting up to 25 pounds, and consistency of temperament.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interaction with students, staff and guests.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OR EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institution requirements.
- Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an “at-will” employee.
- All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered “responsible employees” pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situation.
- Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
- All ‘offers of employment” are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.
MANHATTAN AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE COMPLY WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATIONAL AMENDMENTS OF 1972. WE COMPLY WITH THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, THE VIETNAM ERA VETERANS’ READJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1974, AND THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.