Kansas Grain and Feed Association - Administrative Professional
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: President and CEO; Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all receptionist duties and general office administration for the Kansas Grain and Feed Association (KGFA) and related entities. The Administrative Assistant works with all staff members to assist in team goals and serves as an assistant to the President and CEO, the CFO, and the Legal Counsel. This position is responsible for directing and following up with all membership and industry phone calls, while also maintaining friendly relationships with all service and sales persons. Additionally, this position is the coordinator for all advertising.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones.
- Greet all visitors to KGFA Office.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Endorse checks and create deposit slips.
- Enter checks in electronic Check Register.
- Maintain/update office calendar.
- Order office supplies and maintain storage area for the supplies.
- Maintain general filing system.
- Organize committee volunteer forms received following annual meetings and submit to staff, President and CEO, and Board President for approval. Once rosters are finalized, prepare updated lists, update database and email contact lists accordingly, and send notification to all staff and committee members.
- Maintain/update Board and committee distribution lists and provide to staff.
- Miscellaneous duties for Midwest Management Solutions (MMS).
- Coordinate advertising for KGFA and KARA directories. Sends proofs to advertisers. Once final approvals received, update
- Advertising database. Updates Buyer’s Guide. Provide all final ads to director of internal operations.
- Mail out directories and safety posters as requested.
- Sign for all receivables (UPS, Fed Ex, Quik Print, CCOP)
- Assist President and CEO with correspondence, travel arrangements and calendar schedule.
- Draft agendas for KGFA and KARA Board meetings and circulate to President and CEO and staff.
- Prepare KGFA and KARA board books for quarterly meetings.
- Arrange travel and complete registrations for various events for employees.
- Arrange congressional visits during annual Fly-In to Washington, DC.
- Assist legal counsel with quarterly meetings of the Kansas Agricultural Remediation Board (KARB), which includes: entering new application information in KARB database and Excel log sheet; preparing applications for review by legal counsel, KDHE staff, and Board members; ordering lunch for meetings; taking minutes at all meetings; preparing and submitting travel vouchers; preparing cover letters for initial orders; updating KARB database and KARB map; and submitting newly awarded amounts to director of communications to be uploaded to web site.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Proficient computer experience, including Microsoft Office Software (MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher).
- Demonstrated experience with general office equipment, such as copier, fax, postage and multi-line phone system.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filling, faxing, and processing paperwork efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, clients, and the business community.
- Ability to get along with others in a favorable manner and be cheerful and pleasant.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively with attention to detail and quality.
- A sense of loyalty and commitment to the industry.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, e-mail and mail, talk on the phone.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends and attend events required.
- Ability to move up to ten (10) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
To apply for this position, click here.