National Association of Trailer Manufacturers - Marketing Intern
Company: National Association of Trailer Manufacturers
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Reports To: Executive Director
The Marketing Intern works directly with the Marketing Coordinator and other staff to develop promotional materials for the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers’ (“NATM”) activities, and supports maintenance of both NATM websites and engages members through social media networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works regularly in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator and Assistant Director to support the successful completion of NATM marketing projects.
- Supports the development and maintenance of consistent media, messaging and outreach across all communications to enhance NATM’s mission, public image, and increase member engagement with the activities of NATM.
- Conceptualize, design, develop and implement marketing, promotional materials and website content for NATM.
- Supports NATM’s online advertising program in conjunction with the Marketing Coordinator.
- Uses the NATM Editorial Calendar as a guide and regularly communicates with NATM staff to ensure marketing deadlines are adhered to.
- Communicates positively in writing, verbally and nonverbally, when representing NATM.
- Works collaboratively with NATM staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals and mission of NATM.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Minimum one (1) year of coursework toward a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent; OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Marketing knowledge across many media platforms preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to build and sustain relationships with targeted professionals to include over the phone communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of database, Internet and Microsoft Office Software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word Processing and Outlook.
- Advanced computer and design skills including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, HTML and CSS preferred.
- Ability to accurately record and maintain records; effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to set goals and objectives with the motivation to overcome challenging obstacles.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Occasionally sit.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Professional environment in an office setting; and
- Interaction with staff and customers.