Swims & Sweeps - Accounting and Administrative Clerk
Job Classification: Non-exempt
Reporting Relationship: President and General Manager
The Accounting and Administrative Clerk is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of Swims & Sweeps (“S&S”) are accurate. The Accounting and Administrative Clerk is also responsible for administering payroll and performing Accounts Payable (AP) functions. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the President.
- Operates accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Organizes and checks e-mail daily to find and record invoices.
- Properly handles invoices and matches weekly bills to weekly invoices.
- Reconciles figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and AP guidelines.
- Classifies records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records up to date by using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits and totals S&S accounts in spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Reconciles employee time sheets for accuracy.
- Works with QuickBooks software to administer payroll.
- Receives, records and deposits cash, checks and vouchers.
- Files inventory bills and operating expenses. Checks AP files to ensure unpaid bills are handled appropriately.
- Gathers all computations for sales tax using reports from the Point of Service (POS) system and QuickBooks; files taxes online to be paid.
- Ensures proper payment of bills when approved by the President or General Manager.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profits and losses and computations for sales tax.
- Sends inventory related bills and invoices to AP through S&S’ POS system and then enters correct information into QuickBooks to ensure payment.
- Prints off non-related inventory bills to be reconciled with weekly invoices through S&S’ POS system and entered information into QuickBooks to ensure payment.
- Reconciles and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies and maintaining records management database systems.
- Answers phone calls and directs calls to appropriate parties or take messages in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Offers assistance to customers, as needed. Handles financial transactions, including receiving payments.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; College degree is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required.
- At least one (1) year of experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable is required.
- Previous payroll experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of POS systems is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks and to perform a variety of administrative duties, such as typing, word processing, filing, faxing and processing paperwork.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Dependable, self-motivated, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong sense of work ethic.
- Demonstrates poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, crouch, talk and hear.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office and retail setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
To apply for this position, click here.